BeMeBetter is a team of experienced, credentialed and licensed practitioners ready to help you reach your personal, life and professional goals. No matter what age, career, or family status, with the help of BeMeBetter, our clients can reach the next level in a nurturing and caring environment.
DEVON HERNDON, LPCC, LADAC, Personal Trainer and Life Coach
As co-founder of BeMeBetter, Devon’s own journey of personal and spiritual growth led her to help others achieve success. She believes in the power of mentors and coaches, and in identifying opportunities for growth and fulfillment. Her goal in assisting her clients, especially adolescents and young adults, is to help them break through their perceived limitations and live their best life.
She also works individuals with individuals seeking emotional recovery from trauma, and those overcoming drug and alcohol abuse and addiction. Devon uses several modalities with her clients, including traditional counseling and life coaching, Sandplay therapy, EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), and physical activity and exercise.
Her new book is available on Amazon, order it by clicking the link below:
“Toxic Terms: 10 Things Never to Say to Kids…But What You Can Say Instead.”
• MS in Mental Health Counseling
• Licensed therapist, life coach, certified personal trainer
• Licensed professional clinical counselor
• National Board Certified teacher in early adolescent science
• Certified Climbing Wall Instructor, American Mountain Guides Association
• Certified Counselor, National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
CLANCY CLARK, Co-Founder, Certified Life Coach
Clancy has devoted more than 25 years to the study and practice of self-improvement. A recognized expert in the areas of career and business coaching and sales training, and in-demand speaker and writer, Clancy has a genuine passion for helping people. He says, “That’s why Devon and I founded BeMeBetter; to help as many people as possible to be as happy as possible, whether that’s in their personal lives or their jobs.”
Clancy sees BeMeBetter as a vehicle to manifest the vision of an organization based on personal development. He says, “The name is the message: be myself, just do it better. To help people become happier and healthier in mind, body and spirit; that is the purpose of BeMeBetter.”
• Education in Speech Communications and Public Relations
• Certified life coach
• Specializes in providing goal setting, action planning, motivation and progress monitoring to help people on their self-improvement journey
• A gifted writer and a dynamic speaker
BEVERLY GARRETT, MS, LPCC, NCC
Bev teaches people, often through humor, how to identify, understand and manage their emotions by showing them self-monitoring and behavior modification techniques. Many of her clients are working to recover from trauma, and the anxiety, depression and other negative behaviors that can stem from it. She is passionate about helping adolescents, young adults, and women, as well as couples and families with issues surrounding self-esteem, relationship dynamics, and career objectives.
A Certified Myers-Briggs administrator, she sometimes uses the assessment with couples and families so they can recognize, appreciate and understand the differences in communication with friends, partners, and children, and to better navigate their own stages of personal growth and development.
- MS in Marriage and Family Counseling, Wright State University
- National Certified Counselor
- Licensed professional clinical counselor
- Certified Myers-Briggs® administrator
- Member, American Counseling Association and New Mexico Counseling Association
DANIELLE LADDON, Holistic Wellness Coach, Yoga Instructor
Danielle founded The Spiritual Spoon, LLC ~ a Yoga and Wellness Coaching Practice, to help her clients understand and take responsibility for the elements of living well – spirit, mind and body.
She believes we all have the capacity for reckless and unbridled joy and connection. She also believes that we can find ourselves stuck – unable to experience ease in the areas of life that are important to us, specifically in our relationships. As such, she leads private and semi-private classes designed cultivate open, caring and intentional relationships and personal transformation.
• Certified Holistic Wellness Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
• Certified power yoga instructor trained in the Baptiste Methodology
• Trained in Mindful Resilience through the Veterans Yoga Project
• Shares breathing, meditation, mindful movement, guided rest and gratitude practices with individuals dealing with stress, PTSD and other trauma related symptoms
DEB FRYE, RN, BSN, MA, LMHC
No one loves people, their stories and helping them live their best lives more than Deb Frye. A truly compassionate person, she listens and guides her clients to discover new ways to relate to their world. She often uses art therapy and journaling as a way to investigate and overcome challenges.
As a nurse and therapist, Deb assists her clients in exploring their strengths and developing strategies to cope with chronic medical conditions, trauma, depression, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues. She offers career and lifestyle counseling, as well as therapy for adolescents, adults and couples struggling with depression, anxiety, substance abuse, trauma, end-of-life issues, grief, and interpersonal communication.
• Nursing degree from the University of New Mexico, MA from Webster University
• Committed to a safe, confidential, nonjudgmental, and compassionate atmosphere
• Specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, strength-based and solution-focused therapies
JAMIELYNN GONZALES, LISW
JamieLynn believes in a solution-focused, strength-based model of therapy, in which her clients mindfully discover and use their strengths more effectively. By teaching people new tools and mechanisms for their self-care, she empowers them to find a life worth living.
Specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy, she works with individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, and trauma. She also enjoys helping adolescents struggling with school performance or attachment disorders, and helping veterans and their families.
JamieLynn was drawn to BeMeBetter because the practice goes beyond the typical medical treatment model. “The mind, spirit, body connection is lacking in many agencies and clinics. BeMeBetter’s collaborative practitioners offer a whole person approach that makes an immediate, lasting impact on people,” she says.
• BA in Psychology, University of New Mexico, MA in Social Work, New Mexico State University
• Licensed Independent Social Worker
• Veterans Administration practicum
MELANIE SPARKS, NASM, CPT
Melanie helps people, especially women and those with special health needs, become physically fit to improve health and wellness every day as a Certified Personal Trainer. As a women’s specialist, she has worked in the fitness industry for over 15 years with people at all levels of physical fitness, from beginners to fitness enthusiast.
She specializes in speed and agility training for a variety of sports as well as core, flexibility and circuit training for groups and individuals of all ages. Using bodyweight exercises, she helps her clients develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability at the same time.
• Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine
• Trained to work with special populations through Cooper Institute founded by Kenneth H. Cooper, MD, MPH, known as the “Father of Aerobics”
• CPR certified
SARA BERGERT, MA, LMHC, CIMI
Sara sees her work as a journey she takes with the client, helping them to discover the person they were meant to be. She specializes in both individual counseling and small group therapeutic services, using an eclectic, person-centered approach. She incorporates play and Sandplay therapy, eco-psychology and traditional talk therapy for children, teenagers and adults dealing with emotional pain.
Her experience as a doula, in which she provided advice and emotional support to pregnant women and their families, led her to realize the importance of attachment for human beings and how she could use it to help others. She works with those struggling with postpartum depression and general parenting issues.
Taking clients through a process involving non-judgmental listening, uncovering issues and discovering goals, she works to help them develop the power, or Alchemy, to change or transform their own lives.
• Masters in Counseling, Southwestern College of Santa Fe
• Certified Infant Massage Instructor
• Licensed Mental Health Counselor
VALERIE GRIEGO, LMSW
Val has been working with children and families for 17 years in different capacities. She has experience in the criminal justice system, school settings, home and community-based counseling, and CYFD systems which have given her a broad perspective of family dynamics.
Val has extensive experience working with blended families, couples, single parents, teens and individuals. She uses cognitive behavioral therapy, with a client centered focus and believes that each person has the keys to their own success. She works to be the conduit to helping people find and capitalize on their own strengths.
• BA in Sociology and Spanish
• Masters in SW from University of Central Florida 2005
• Fluent Spanish speaker
3736 Eubank Blvd. NE Suite B1
Albuquerque, NM 87111